Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So Proud!!!

I am so proud of my son.

After school this afternoon, fourteen year old Adam hopped into the car beaming from one ear to the other. It turns out his computer teacher (and the school system's county office) had paid him the "ultimate" compliment today.

He was told he has to STOP hacking into their computer system.

Yep.

Oh! But it's "ok". They've actually been monitoring him for a while and "allowing" him to continue because they were "using" him to help uncover weak spots in their system. Now that they think they've gotten everything secured, they've asked him to refrain from any further similar endeavors.

Why! According to the boy, it's almost like he's been working for them all along.

He went on to explain that he's in no "trouble" whatsoever because he only hacked in to prove that he could. He didn't do any damage. I mean, he could have changed his grades and other really cool stuff like that, but he didn't.

(What a good boy I've raised!)

Then he asked me if I WANTED him to go back in and change his grades. I jokingly told him that would depend of course, on what kind of grades he was getting withOUT hacking in and changing them.

No, No, No! I clarified that under NO circumstances did I want him to go in and change his grades. Furthermore, I wouldn't think that a kid smart enough to hack into the county system should be getting grades low enough to merit needing such a change.

I will surely remember this as one of my finer "motherhood" moments. On my list, it ranks somewhat above the time my oldest daughter, Angel came home and proudly announced that her first grade teacher, Mrs. Burris had moved her desk all the way up to the front of the room. What an honor!

Sort of along the same theme, only Adam's experience was potentially way more serious.

What can I say? My son is a genius!

I'll bet all the mothers whose sons did NOT hack into the county school system's office computers are darn jealous of me right now.

Yep. I'm pretty sure of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bwahahahaha! Go Adam. He is right up there with Ferris Bueller. I bet the school officials have not been watching him for a while; I bet they just found him, those fuddy-duddies! He's way smarter than the whole lot put together.

Hubby's shenanigans with computers in high school landed him a career, so you never know!