Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dressing Up Is Hard To Do!

I've been exhausted for the last few weeks. It seems to take every ounce of energy I have just to get out of bed and dressed in the morning. Even if I wake up feeling rested, it doesn't last long. Within a few hours of being up and about I am tired to the bone again.

This is really bugging me. I recognize the symptoms as those associated with an even lower than usual iron level. The manufacturer of the ferrous gluconate supplements I use to take has stopped making them, so I had to switch to a different brand and form of iron. I suppose I'll have to toy around with the dosage until I feel better because obviously what I am taking now isn't doing the trick.

It's no fun being tired, especially when I have so much to get done.

On the lighter, yet still stressful side of things, we are planning to attend our neighbor's Halloween party tomorrow evening. We don't normally "do" Halloween, but we really want to go for the social aspect of it. We love spending time with our neighbors but it seems that every time one of them has an event, we are either out of town or otherwise obligated. As luck would have it, we are free tomorrow night.

Now I have approximately 26 hours in which to come up with costumes for myself and my husband.

When we first RSVP'd the event I was planning to design some kind of get-up for both of us that would be flat out amazing. So much for that idea. Unless I get an unexpected burst of energy and creativity, we'll be cutting eye-holes in bed sheets and going as ghosts.

There's not much chance we'd win the award for "most original" with that idea.

We could always wear our Harley leathers and go as bikers, but wait! We are "bikers" when acting in our alter egos so all our neighbors are already accustomed to seeing us like that on occasion. It wouldn't really raise any eyebrows if we were to arrive in such a manner. If we are going to go to the trouble of dressing up, then eyebrow raising is a definite requirement!

I tried to think of something we could pull together with other clothing items we already own and suggested we go as "Mr. and Mrs. Thurston Howell III" We might as well make some use of all that formal clothing we have hanging in our closet but never wear. I figured I could go into the grand-kids playroom upstairs and find some fake money to stuff in our pockets, just in case there was any question about "what" we were suppose to be.

Mr. Walter Taylor (the first and only) didn't like that idea. Bah Humbug!

He suggested we go as Annie Oakley and Frank Butler.

In other words, he wants to dress up like a cowboy.

Some guys never grow up, do they?

I still don't know what we're going to do. I don't own any "Annie Oakley" clothes (well, I do have boots and a hat) and Mr. Taylor has apparently forgotten that he sold his fancy Harley Cowboy hat on eBay a while back. What's more, I seriously doubt the neighbors would appreciate us showing up at their event equipped with rifles.

Sigh.

Hopefully I'll wake up feeling creative and energetic in the morning. If not, I'll call Walt and ask him to stop by Wal-Mart on his way home from work and pick up some last minute el-cheapo/boring costumes for us to wear.

So I'm not the life of the party right now. I'm sure the neighbors will get over it.

No comments: