Saturday, February 20, 2010

Random Thoughts on a Saturday Afternoon

It's nearly 4:00 on a bright, sunny Saturday afternoon. This is the kind of day that puts a kick in a person's step. After a long, atypical stretch of ugly gray days, it's so nice to see the clouds part and the sun come shining through.

From what I understand, we need to enjoy it while it lasts because after tomorrow the rain is moving back in.

Walt has been busy getting ready to go to Ghana, West Africa. He leaves tomorrow. Even in the midst of all his excitement about the trip, he decided to take a couple hours off and head out on the Harley for a quick ride through the mountains.

I stayed home because a) I'm tired, and b) Adam is expecting a visitor of the female persuasion and well, that pretty much explains that doesn't it?

I suppose I could write about more interesting things at this point (and that was my original intention when I first sat down at the computer) but I am suddenly feeling drowsy and not really enthused about anything in particular. (So much for the sunny day putting a kick in my step)

There is much on my mind, so many things I've been intending to write about but it looks like they will have to wait til yet another day ... or week as the case may be.

A quick summary of potential topics include (but are not limited to)
  • the unexpected announcement that our sixth grandchild is due to arrive in August (Happy 50th birthday to meeeee!)
  • the weekend I spent with my daughter Emily, and how a huge snowstorm almost destroyed our somewhat "devious" plans (we are not the type to let a little bit of ice get in the way of a good time!)
  • Valentines Day 2010, or rather how it almost didn't happen (that might be more of a book than a blog entry)
  • "Grandmas Gone Wild" *snicker*
That's about it. I'll write more later, maybe after a nap ... or maybe not. We'll see.

Until later ...

Becky Taylor
http://www.boldnewday.com

No comments: