Monday, February 8, 2010

Out On A Limb

The idea of turning fifty has actually grown on me (or so I thought).

Over the last several months, I've been making serious attempts to better myself physically, working at a fevered pace on my business to ensure my financial success, and planning what will surely come to be remembered as the best "Big 5-OH!" party event in all history.

All the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad things that have happened over the last year or so have only fueled my bull-dog determination to make my latter days better than my former. Not only have I gone out on the proverbial limb concerning my future, I've decided to swing from it holding on only by my pinky fingers.

OK, so in retrospect maybe that wasn't such a good idea. Considering my age, perhaps I should conserve some energy. As it turns out, "pushing fifty" is requiring more strength than I first expected.

"Fifty" in fact, seems to have plans of it's own and from what I can tell so far, I do not approve!

On this crisp February Monday morning I find myself having to re-think it all, re-strategize and prioritize. I'm scratching my plans and starting all over again.

Rolling with yet another punch from this experience called life.

And asking myself if a middle aged woman really ought to be rolling like that. Seriously! I could break a hip!

I am tired to the bone, that I can't deny. I feel totally overwhelmed right now and really at a loss as far as knowing what to do about it.

Is this what turning fifty is actually all about? I remember my mother and her friends complaining about hot flashes and mood swings. I only wish those were the worst of my concerns.

Enough already! I am strong! I am invincible! Just as "forty-nine" has failed in it's many attempts to take me down, "fifty" be forewarned! Do not start with me, you will not win! If this limb I am clinging to snaps and I fall, I swear I will pick it up and use it to beat the hound out of you!

Uh-huh, that's right. Don't you forget it!

Becky J. Taylor
Feb. 8, 2010
http://www.boldnewday.com

No comments: