Monday, August 2, 2010

Hiatus

There's very little in my life I have control over at the moment, so I've decided to exert my energy only on those things I do have some say in.

As of sometime during the middle of another sleepless night last night (largely due to the fact I couldn't control my dog's barking ... again) I made a decision to step down from everything for a while.

I sent a notice to my "free" coaching group advising them of my hiatus. For a yet to be determined period of time I am going to focus on getting myself to a better place emotionally, tending to my family, and possibly writing (but only if I really feel inspired to do so.)

I guess you might say I'm taking a "Mental Health break" from the "job". You know, those days you call in sick when you're not physically ill at all? Only in this case I am the boss so I don't have to feel guilty.

So, my first birthday gift to myself is time off. Although, I must say "time off" is a very relative term in this case. August will be a busy month, but mostly busy in a GOOD way.

My newest grandchild is set to arrive any day now. I've been needing to price some things and hold a yard sale so I can make money to publish my book. For that matter, I need to get my book finished so it can be published. I need to re-connect with my purpose, just as I coach my clients to do.

In a nutshell (what an appropriate phrase for my current state!) I need to do whatever it takes to carry some measure of sanity into my fifties.

That said, I am off to "find myself." Please leave the porch light on for me. I may be out pretty late.

Becky Taylor
August 2, 2010

No comments: