Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Should Have Seen It Coming

This day just started out too good. That should have been my first clue that it would be best to crawl back into bed and stay there where it was safe.

But like I said, it started out great. First of all, I woke up feeling rested ... always a plus for someone who's "pushing fifty", then after the boy went to school I made a pot of coffee and sat down at the computer where I typed to my heart's content on my coaching blog. Once my brain and fingertips were equally numb, I turned my energy towards housecleaning and got a ton of things accomplished in that arena.

While I was sitting down to rest, I received a call from someone requesting one of my free sample coaching sessions, a very good thing since I need all I can get for my certification. (Although it would be nice to have a couple of them turn into a paying clients for a change)

That call came in around noon and the best I can recall, it was the last really good thing that happened to me today. It's been all downhill from there, I'm afraid. From that point on, it's been one minor disaster after another until finally I am exhausted and watching the clock for a decent hour at which to declare the day done with, crawl into bed and pull the covers back over my head.

I know, even on the worst of days I am still blessed. But even on my best days lately I am feeling a little fragile and tired.

And this was one of those.

No comments: