Friday, December 3, 2010

Nuttin' For Christmas

In case you were planning to ask me what I want for Christmas, I'll save you the trouble and tell you now.

I don't want anything.

It started with my "non" birthday in August. I decided then to not expect anything from anyone for any special occasion ever again. I figure that way I won't be disappointed. My old heart can't take another let-down it right now.

And no, I'm not secretly hoping people shower will me with gifts anyway. There was a time when I would've liked that idea, but I've grown up a little since then. (About time, since I am fifty years old now!)

I'd much prefer my loved ones take any money they might have spent on me over the holidays and give to some deserving family, or charitable organization instead. Put a gift under the tree for a child in need, or food on the table for a single Mom who can't afford to treat her kids to a good Christmas feast.

Or if you must, give me gift cards ... and give them to me early so I can go out and buy gifts to donate to such causes myself.

Listen! I have a tendency to mean what I say ... and right now I am saying, DO NOT GET ME ANYTHING for Christmas!

Becky Taylor
12/3/2010

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're Coming to Take Me Away) Very cool video ....(.
Each year and you are fine in 2011 .... Becky J Taylor


Sajid Sharif Atiya سجاد الشمري

Becky Taylor said...

thanks. :)